Ken's E-Tip: Rebate Program
Central Electric Cooperative (CEC) rebate program is expanding in January 2018. We are now offering first-time rebates for Energy Star heat pumps, electric clothes dryers, and mini compact refrigerators that promote efficiency while improving our environment.
- Heat Pump (any type): $200
- Refrigerator: $100
- Freezer: $50
- Clothes washer: $50
- Clothes (electric) dryer: $50
- Dishwasher: $25
- Mini compact refrigerator: $25
- Window air conditioner: $25
- Dehumidifier: $25
- Qualifying items must be found on current Energy Star list. Visit www.energystar.gov Select "Energy Efficient Products" and locate your particular product. Use the "Product Finder" tab to enter the exact model number. Model numbers listed in the search are qualified.
- Members must complete the Rebate Application available at www.central.coop under the Energy Savings tab. Chose Rebate Program.
- Mail rebate form and a copy of the product sales receipt to the address provided on the application.
- Limited to one rebate per product type per year.
- Allow up to six weeks for rebate check processing.
Rebate funds are available from renewable energy credits earned by our power supplier's generation assets. Program funding is limited and subject to change or cancellation without notice. Contact Laura Hensley at 800-521-0570 x2124 or visit www.central.coop to learn more.
Earn $50 Bill Credit
Let CEC install a load control device on your electric water heater and earn a $50 one-time bill credit and a monthly $2.50 bill credit. Call 800-521-0570 x2195 to learn more. Members having a water heater installed by the cooperative are not eligible for the credits.