Generlink Transfer Switch
With a GenerLinkTM Transfer Switch, our members can now operate an emergency generator safely, protecting linemen from dangerous back feeds. The cooperative installs the transfer switch neatly into your meter socket.
The GenerLinkTM is a meter socket-mounted transfer switch that provides a safe and convenient way to connect portable generator power to your home in minutes! Installed behind your electric meter, the GenerLinkTM delivers generator power directly to your breaker box, eliminating the hassle of running power cords through your home.
There are two models of the GenerLink transfer switch available. A 30-Amp model works with portable generators that have a running wattage below 8,500 watts and a 40-Amp model works with portable generators below 10,000 watts.
- A 20-foot cord is provided to connect your generator to the meter socket transfer switch.
- GenerLinkTM is designed for use with a portable generator that is connected temporarily to a home and provides a maximum continuous power output of less than 9,600 watts (40 amps). A larger compatible generator can used, but full output of the generator will not be utilized.
- GenerLinkTM will not work with an electric service rated more than 200 amps.
- Requires a 240V, four-pronged outlet on the generator.
- For an additional cost, you can also opt to have built-in surge protection for hard-wired appliances not protected by power strips.
30-amp GenerLink: $774.00
40-amp GenerLink: $906.50
*Price includes tax and installation costs. Surge protection and additional cord lengths are available for an additional cost. Call for details.
Each GenerLink is sold with a 20-foot GenerLockTM Connector. Compatible generators will have one of the 240V, four-pronged outlets below.